The international conference Terminology and Specialized Knowledge Representation. New Perspectives on User Needs is organized within the research project the Dynamicity of Specialized Knowledge Categories (DIKA), financed by the Croatian Science Foundation (HRZZ). The project focuses on using semantic frames to define specialized knowledge categories and identify links between general and specialized knowledge.
The conference aims to bring together specialists in the disciplines of terminology, terminography, specialized lexicography, LSP, computational linguistics and NLP in order to share their insights on the design and development of terminological materials, resources and applications with a particular view of emerging user needs in linking general and specialized knowledge resources.
The conference is organized around several main research topics, all of which refer to the dynamics of specialized knowledge categories:
- changes in terminology work and specialized languages due to the pandemic and post-pandemic circumstances (handling neologisms; crisis terminology work)
- terminology for non-specialists (creating new and/or adapting existing terminological resources intended for non-experts or the general public; adapting terminological definitions, identifying and describing synonyms, using different registers; specialized knowledge in educational materials and in teaching activities)
- developing legal literacy (defining legal concepts in non-expert materials and resources, e.g. in user manuals, end user agreements, etc.)
- terminology and specialized translation (including terminology work and machine translation; quality control)
- terminology and linguistic linked open data in biomedical and life sciences domains (e.g., public health, pharmacy, ecology and environmental protection)
- issues in linking general and specialized terminological resources (identification and presentation of semantic frames, multi-word terms and figurative units).
A workshop on terminology and linguistic linked open data in domains of public health, ecology and pharmacy will be organized on the second day of the conference, within the scope of the COST action Nexus Linguarum, CA18209 – European network for Web-centred linguistic data science. The workshop will include both invited talks and contributions submitted through the call for papers.
We invite papers on these and all relevant topics to be submitted through EasyChair no later than 15 February 2022. Papers that are relevant to the conference, but do not fit into any of the above-mentioned topics, will be reviewed nonetheless and considered for presentation.
- author(s): the proposals should be anonymous
- length: 600 – 800 words, excluding references, tables and figures
- language: English
Presentations will be 20 minutes long.
Selected papers will be invited for publication after the conference.
See https://www.jezik.hr/tesk2022/ for more details on the conference