Recently, the possibility for conference grants for young researchers from Inclusiveness Target Countries has been implemented. Those conference grants offer a possibility to PhD students and early-career investigators to attend to international science and technology related conferences that are not necessarily organised by a COST Action.
Take a look to our last ITC Conference Grants
How to apply?
Owing to the COVID-19 crisis, there is no current open call for ITC conference grants, but we plan to open it soon.
For any further information about the submission procedure, please contact the ITC CG Manager, Prof. Vojtěch SVÁTEK
References to background documents
COST-wide documents related to ITC CG are:
The rest of this page points out the most important (or, easy-to-overlook) rules and links, and adds to it details that have been specifically approved by the NexusLinguarum Action MC.
Purpose of the ITC CG grants
To make it easier for early-career researchers from the Inclusiveness Target Countries (ITC) to present their research (related to the NexusLinguarum topics) at an international conference.
Who is eligible?
- The applicant must be either a PhD student or an ECI (“early-carrier investigator”, i.e., up to 8 years from obtaining the PhD).
- S/he must have his/her primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC participating in the Action (although not necessarily within an institution of a person participating in the Action!).
- For the actual reimbursement: There must be an oral or poster presentation at the conference listed in the program, with the grant applicant being an author or co-author. Furthermore:
- the main subject of the presentation must be on the topic of the Action and support it in achieving its scientific objectives
- the paper and/or presentation must formally acknowledge COST (see Vademecum, p. 40).
- For the formal grant application: The paper related to the mentioned presentation must have been accepted.
- For the preliminary grant application: The paper related to the mentioned presentation must have been submitted for review.
Detailed information on how to apply, financial details, conditions and ranking criteria for applications is available here.